I love looking at pretty pictures of decorated homes, amazing DIY projects, and gorgeous crafts. It’s fun to get inspired by projects big and small.
I love all the inspiration that exists on blogs and that’s why it’s so fun to be joining 24 of my home/DIY blogger friends today to bring you our #BestofDIY Party #2!
At the end of this post, there are 25 links to 25 amazing and inspiring DIY projects. I hope you will take the time to visit them all! If you love vintage, farmhouse, traditional or Shabby Chic decor, you will love the projects being shared here today!
Twiggy Bird’s Nest
My project is something I have been wanting to try for awhile. I was afraid it might be a little tricky or require special skills, but if you can stack a few twigs and use hot glue, this project is just about as easy as they come!
Do you remember Lincoln Logs? The wooden building toy where you just stack logs criss-crossed to build a structure? This project is a lot like that.
- Hot glue
- Spanish Moss (two colors)
- Eggs (optional)
- Gather twigs that are similar in width. Break some, if necessary, to be similar in length — varying some so they are not completely uniform.
- Start by making a triangle with three twigs. Hot glue where they overlap and then stack another triangle on top so you make a star shape. Hot glue at the points where they meet and continue the process until your shape looks more and more like a wreath or a nest.
- Gather enough Spanish moss to fill in the hole and work it in to a nest shape. Push some of it through the edges of your twigs so the moss spills over the edges and through some of the gaps to make it look more natural.
- Add a small amount of a different color moss to the center and work it in to look natural.
- Add eggs, a bird or whatever you wish to your new twiggy bird’s nest!
Now get ready to be inspired by my fabulous friends!
To easily find our projects all in one place, search the hashtag #BestofDIY!