As you may recall from my recent post about our newest family member, I have four pets. Yes, four. All of whom have hair that sheds to one degree or another.
Just like my human children, I am tackling messes my furry kids make each day.
Here are 5 tips to keep your house looking and smelling clean with pets:
- Vacuum floors at least twice per week and make sure you get in to all the corners, using your vacuum’s hose and tools. (Hint: If your children aren’t old enough to help with vacuuming the floors, give them the job of doing the corners – it’s a great way to keep them busy and involved)
- Vacuum your fabric furniture at least once a week Vacuum attachments with brushes are especially good for removing pet hair. Remember to get down in to the corners and lift up the cushions while you’re at it!
- Scoop the cat litter once a day This is especially true if you have 2 or more cats like I do. (Hint: This is another great job for your kids!)
- Keep the cat litter fresh with baking soda Whenever I scoop the litter, I add a small amount of baking soda to absorb the smell. True, some litters already have baking soda in them, but I add a little extra to keep the odor neutralized. I also use a plug-in air freshener in the laundry room where the litter boxes are kept.
- Place a mat or small rug in front of the litter box Doing this helps keep the litter scatter at bay. It doesn’t collect it all, but it definitely helps! (I also use an enclosed litter box which helps a lot too!)
To help you keep your home looking it’s best, BISSEL is providing a $20 off coupon plus FREE SHIPPING on the following products when you use the promo code POWERGLIDE:
PowerGlide Pet Vacuum with Lift-Off Technology – 2763
PowerGlide Pet Bagged Rewind Vacuum – 38631
PowerGlide Pet Vacuum – 1044
Valid 9/12/2013 – 11/30/2013